Spinal cord injury: acute care management
Fintan Sheerin Lecturer practitioner in spinal cord injury, National Spinal Injuries Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, and school of nursing and midwifery, University College Dublin
In the third and final part of his series on spinal cord injury, FINTAN SHEERIN describes the pre-hospital and emergency department management of patients
The first two articles in this series described the anatomy and physiology of the vertebral column and spinal cord, and examined the aetiology and patho-physiology of spinal cord injuries (Sheerin 2004, 2005). These provide a basis for understanding the presentation and management of spinal cord injuries.
12, 10, 26-34.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now