PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - Accidental digital injection of adrenaline
Clinical Previous     Next

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - Accidental digital injection of adrenaline

Rebecca Hoskins Consultant nurse and senior lecturer, Emergency care at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and University of the West of England
Sally Moyle Emergency nurse practitioner and senior lecturer, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and University of the West of England

A 26-year-old nurse presented to the emergency department (ED) after an accidental injection of 0.3ml of 1:1,000 adrenaline into her thumb. She had been attempting to dispose of an auto-injector that had expired.

Emergency Nurse. 16, 8, 30-32. doi: 10.7748/en2008.12.16.8.30.c6787

Want to read more?

Subscribe for unlimited access

Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:

Your subscription package includes:
  • Full access to the website and the online archive
  • Bi-monthly digital edition
  • RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
  • RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
  • 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Subscribe
Already subscribed? Log in

Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now

Or