Paediatric resuscitation: advanced life support
Nick Castle Resuscitation Training Officer, Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey
The aim of this article is to present the paediatric advanced life support (ALS) algorithm and discuss specific aspects of paediatric resuscitation.
After this article you should be able to:
Describe the paediatric ALS algorithm
Be familiar with common paediatric resuscitation drugs and a system to support estimation of drug dosages
Identify appropriate equipment for paediatric resuscitation.
Emergency Nurse. 10, 1, 31-39. doi: 10.7748/en2002.04.10.1.31.c1060
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now