‘I aim to build on what my predecessors have achieved’
David Smith Chair, RCN’s Emergency Care Association
The new chair of the RCN’s Emergency Care Association describes his approach to some of the tasks he faces
When I was appointed chair of the RCN Emergency Care Association (ECA) at the end of 2019 my emotions were akin to when I took my first role in an emergency department (ED) as a newly qualified nurse, seven years ago: anxiety, excitement and a determination to make my role a success.
Emergency Nurse. 28, 3, 12-12. doi: 10.7748/en.28.3.12.s10
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now