Children and smacking: what do the changes to the law mean for nurses?
Laws on physically punishing children vary across the UK. Find out how this affects your work in the emergency department – and how to respond if you see a child being smacked by an adult
Smacking a child as a form of punishment or to control a child’s behaviour is a controversial issue, which divides public opinion.
30, 5, 12-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now