Endotracheal tubes: early detection of oesophageal intubation
Nick Castle Consultant nurse, Emergency care at Frimley Park Hospital, Surrey, Department of emergency care and rescue, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
NICK CASTLE has developed a flowchart to ensure that emergency department practitioners place endotracheal tubes correctly during emergency intubation
Emergency intubation is typically performed in Clinically unstable patients, and in environments that are less well controlled than operating theatres.
Emergency Nurse. 14, 10, 22-25. doi: 10.7748/en2007.03.14.10.22.c4227
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now