Be alert to the silent killer of low-level carbon monoxide poisoning
Editorial     Next

Be alert to the silent killer of low-level carbon monoxide poisoning

Tricia Scott Consultant editor, Emergency Nurse

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a life-threatening gas that develops where there is incomplete combustion of carbon fuels caused by, for example, faulty gas appliances in the home. It is known as ‘the silent killer’ because the gas is colourless and odourless.

Emergency Nurse. 29, 4, 5-5. doi: 10.7748/en.29.4.5.s1

Want to read more?

Subscribe for unlimited access

Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:

Your subscription package includes:
  • Full access to the website and the online archive
  • Bi-monthly digital edition
  • RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
  • RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
  • 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Subscribe
RCN student member? Try Nursing Standard Student
Already subscribed? Log in

Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now

Or