Early pressure ulcer development in spinal cord injured patients
Fintan Sheerin Lecturer practitioner in spinal cord injury, National Spinal Injuries Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, and school of nursing and midwifery, University College Dublin
Amanda Gillick Tissue viability manager, Nurse practice development unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin
FINTAN SHEERIN and AMANDA GILLICK examine pressure ulcer development in relation to the emergency management of spinal cord injured patients in Ireland
The ongoing international debate on the management of spinal cord injured patients has been reflected in the Irish healthcare system by a move over the past ten years from a conservative to a surgical approach.
12, 7, 34-38.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now