‘Emergency nurses should be versatile and push boundaries’
After 40 years in nursing, Martina Browne reveals why she loves it
What is your job?
Autonomous nurse practitioner in the emergency department (ED) of a hospital in Northern Ireland, assessing, diagnosing, treating and discharging patients of all ages who present in the ambulatory area. I support preregistration nurses during their placements and I am a sign-off mentor for postgraduate students completing a BSc specialist practice course.
Emergency Nurse. 28, 2, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/en.28.2.15.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now