Why targets to reduce emergency admissions are not being met
Nick Evans Freelance health writer
Investment in social and intermediate care is essential to meet NHS England’s goal of decreasing the number of emergency admissions by 2020, say health experts
The unrelenting focus on the four-hour emergency waiting time target can mask the fact that there are other important indicators of the health of the system.
26, 1, 8-9.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now