Top tips for ensuring emergency departments are safe when demand rises
Nick Evans Freelance health writer
The Care Quality Commission has published recommendations on maintaining safe, high-quality services despite additional pressures
Last winter was probably the toughest for a generation in emergency departments (EDs). Waiting times reached their worst levels since the four-hour target was introduced in 2004 and reports emerged of patients being treated in corridors and ambulances queuing outside EDs.
Emergency Nurse. 26, 3, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/en.26.3.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now