The ambulance service bringing care closer to home
Petra Kendall-Raynor Health writer
The North West Ambulance Service is trying to reduce avoidable hospital admissions after a national review
A review of ambulance services in England by Lord Carter of Coles suggested in October 2018 that the NHS could save £300 million a year by 2021 by caring for patients closer to home.
Emergency Nurse. 27, 1, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/en.27.1.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now