Acute compartment syndrome
Sharon Edwards Senior lecturer, Department of nursing and midwifery, University of Hertfordshire
SHARON EDWARDS explores the definition of acute compartment syndrome, its aetiology, sites and causes
Acute compartment syndrome is a common but potentially life threatening condition that occurs in the limbs and abdomen, and that requires prompt recognition and intervention.
Emergency Nurse. 12, 3, 32-38. doi: 10.7748/en2004.06.12.3.32.c1160
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now