Prostate cancer screening: the pros and cons
James Nicola Prostate cancer research sister, Cancer Research Centre, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield
The aim of any cancer screening programme is early detection of cancer, leading to increased survival rates and a reduction in mortality. However, it is debatable whether prostate cancer screening is able to fulfil these objectives. This article discusses the issues involved and explains why the government does not currently recommend a national prostate cancer screening programme.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
1, 4, 22-25.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now