Prostate cancer: risk factors, diagnosis and management
Bruce Turner Uro-oncology nurse practitioner, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust, London
Lawrence Drudge-Coates Urological oncology clinical nurse specialist and honorary lecturer, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
This article aims to update nurses on prostate cancer with emphasis on incidence, epidemiology, risk factors, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options. An understanding of the disease and its management will help to ensure that nurses in a variety of settings are well placed to support patients and their families though investigations, diagnosis and treatment.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
9, 10, 29-36.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now