Managing bone metastases through bisphosphonate treatment
Val Aston Tenovus Patient Information Manager, Velindre Cancer Centre, Cardiff
This article examines the role of bisphosphonates in the management of patients with cancer who have bone metastases. It will discuss the aetology of bone metastases and the history and development of bisphosphonate drugs. It will also discuss the nurse’s role in managing patients with bone metastases who are being treated with bisphosphonates.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
4, 2, 21-25.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now