The government must fund pay awards
Scrapping the cap shows Jeremy Hunt has listened to nurses. But this does not mean the battle is over
I would like to be able to say that RCN staff and members gave a huge cheer when the health secretary used our campaign slogan to tell MPs that the pay cap was scrapped, but politicians’ repeated failures to keep promises have made us all cynical.
Nursing Standard. 32, 10, 29-29. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.10.29.s25
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now