Student life - The deep end is not so scary
Grant Byrne Second-year nursing student, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Fear of failure on placements can be overwhelming. Instead of worrying that you won’t know it all, just give it your all and you may be surprised
If resuming my study of nursing was nerve-wracking, going back on the wards was another thing entirely. The night before my return I tossed and turned, wondering just how much I’d forgotten, how much I’d get wrong.
32, 21, 35-35.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now