The courage of our convictions
Natasha Wragg Staff nurse in ophthalmology, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
An elective placement in Sri Lanka helped a student develop the confidence to advocate for the therapeutic relationship
A an elective placement in Colombo, Sri Lanka, at the end of my second year of training gave me an insight into the role of nursing in other cultures.
32, 21, 36-36.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now