Prevention is Better Than Cure: Learning from Adverse Events in Healthcare
Valerie McGurk Practice development nurse in paediatrics, Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
Healthcare is inherently risky because of its complex nature and the human fallibility of practitioners. This excellent read details some situations that have resulted in adverse incidents, and considers why they happened.
32, 21, 34-34.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now