The tale of the virus that stole Christmas
Jane Bates Ophthalmic nurse, Hampshire
‘How was Christmas?’ I asked a friend. ‘It wasn’t,’ she replied. ‘I had flu so I missed it.’ Like me, she had caught the viral infection that is currently rife, the one that makes you cough until your chest nearly explodes.
32, 21, 33-33.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now