CPR at the bingo hall
Toby Rees-Davies Third-year adult nursing student, University of Cardiff
Drawing on basic life support training, one student leapt into action to help a woman experiencing a cardiac arrest
Three weeks into my first year of nurse training I led on an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. I was at bingo with my mother and grandmother when a woman in her fifties collapsed. By the time I reached the woman, a crowd had gathered and she had been put in the recovery position. But I noticed she was showing signs of cyanosis.
Nursing Standard. 33, 5, 35-35. doi: 10.7748/ns.33.5.35.s16
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now