Behind everyone, there’s a story
Patients deserve your time, attention and care, says head of pastoral care and psychological support Sara Lister
Sara Lister qualified as a nurse in 1988. She joined the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust in 2000, and in 2001 established The Royal Marsden School, one of the UK’s leading cancer schools. She has co-edited The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures for the last 17 years, and is the trust’s head of psychological support and pastoral care.
Nursing Standard. 32, 29, 39-39. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.29.39.s33
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now