The nurse breaking down barriers in homeless care
Julie Penfold Freelance writer
Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust’s initiative in Hammersmith and Fulham is helping homeless people access healthcare. Lead nurse Justine Sanderson explains why it is so vital
More than 300,000 people in the UK are homeless, according to Shelter. As a consequence of the many challenges homeless people face, their health can often be forgotten. Many will ignore nagging pain and worrying symptoms until they require emergency treatment or become fatally unwell.
Primary Health Care. 28, 3, 20-21. doi: 10.7748/phc.28.3.20.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now