We are super nurses, not mini doctors
Jan Glaze General practice nurse, Berkshire
Many general practice nurses are frustrated with their status and often feel undervalued. Is it time to reconsider their role?
At a time when general practice nurses (GPNs) are extending their roles into chronic disease management, minor illness and prescribing to meet the growing needs of primary care, research shows they think their role is misunderstood and undervalued.
Primary Health Care. 29, 6, 12-12. doi: 10.7748/phc.29.6.12.s14
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now