Prescribing to meet patients’ needs is crucial
Molly Courtenay @CUHealthSci Professor, Health sciences, School of Healthcare Sciences, Cardiff University
Experts have set out a list of the relevant conditions that community nurses should be able to prescribe medicines for
Prescribing is a pivotal role for community nurses (Health Education England 2015, 2016). Although community nurses view prescribing as an important element of their role (Downer and Shepherd 2010, NHS England 2014), decreasing numbers of these nurses are prescribing medicines (Young 2009).
Primary Health Care.
28, 6, 18-19.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now