Prescribing to meet patients’ needs is crucial
Molly Courtenay @CUHealthSci Professor, Health sciences, School of Healthcare Sciences, Cardiff University
Experts have set out a list of the relevant conditions that community nurses should be able to prescribe medicines for
Prescribing is a pivotal role for community nurses (Health Education England 2015, 2016). Although community nurses view prescribing as an important element of their role (Downer and Shepherd 2010, NHS England 2014), decreasing numbers of these nurses are prescribing medicines (Young 2009).
Primary Health Care.
28, 6, 18-19.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now