Why patients withhold information – and what nurses can do about it
Omissions of truth or white lies may be a patient’s way to avoid judgement, but can jeopardise their care. Find out how to help patients open up
Research suggests that most patients have withheld medically relevant information from healthcare professionals, including nurses.
Primary Health Care.
32, 6, 14-17.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now