Nurses can help tackle the ‘time bomb’ of patients’ opioid long-term use and addiction
Spotting red flags and advising individuals on appropriate ways to cope with chronic pain
More than one in ten of the adult population were prescribed powerful opioid pain medications in 2017-2018, a major review by Public Health England (PHE) found.
Primary Health Care.
31, 3, 12-14.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now