Nurses can help tackle the ‘time bomb’ of patients’ opioid long-term use and addiction
Spotting red flags and advising individuals on appropriate ways to cope with chronic pain
More than one in ten of the adult population were prescribed powerful opioid pain medications in 2017-2018, a major review by Public Health England (PHE) found.
Primary Health Care.
31, 3, 12-14.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now