Causes of constipation and treatment options
Deborah Rigby Continence Service Manager, Bristol and West PCT
Marlene Powell Continence Nurse Specialist, Mendip PCT
As one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints in the UK, this article looks at what constipation is, what causes it and explains why nurses are well placed to be effective in the management of bowel problems.
Primary Health Care.
15, 2, 41-50.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now