How to identify and act on sepsis among care home residents
Older people are at higher risk of sepsis – but there are tools to help nurses spot the signs and symptoms and protect this vulnerable group
Advanced age and increased exposure to sources of infection mean older people in care homes face an almost perfect storm of factors putting them at higher risk of sepsis.
Primary Health Care.
32, 3, 6-9.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now