General practice uses volunteers to help patients beat loneliness
Well-being prescriptions are building healthy community spirit
Alvanley Family Practice in the Manchester suburb of Woodley works with a team of volunteers to provide a community-centred approach to patient care. Staff, including GPs and the practice nursing team, use ‘social prescribing’ as well as the usual FP10 prescription forms.
Primary Health Care.
28, 4, 10-11.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now