Manual handling and nursing children
Rachel Sales Lecturer, Children’s Nursing, University of the West of England, Bristol
Jane Utting Senior Lecturer, Children’s Nursing, Homerton College Cambridge, School of Health Care Studies
The aim of this article is to highlight some of the unique challenges relating to handling children, such as: their stage of physical and cognitive development, their position in relation to the carer’s centre of gravity, their level of comprehension and their ability to communicate.
Nursing Children and Young People.
14, 2, 37-42.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now