Genetics: Overview and issues in child health
Christopher Jones Health Lecturer, University of Nottingham
When the normal growth and development of a child fails it can cause major developmental and clinical problems. It is important that nurses understand the rationale behind genetic tests and therapies for diseases such as cystic fibrosis and childhood cancers.
Nursing Children and Young People.
16, 6, 37-42.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now