Using the Extended PLISSIT model to address sexual healthcare needs
Bridget Taylor Senior lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
Sally Davis Programme lead, Rehabilitation, School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
Sexual health is a holistic concept which encompasses much more than the prevention of infections and unwanted pregnancy. This article defines sexuality and sexual health before discussing the nurse’s role in identifying and meeting patients’ sexuality and sexual health needs. The Ex-PLISSIT model is proposed as a useful tool for nurses working in primary care to address sexuality and sexual health.
21, 11, 35-40.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now