Type 2 diabetes and hypertension in older adults: a case study
Julie Spencer Community matron, NHS Leeds Community Healthcare, Leeds
The management of long-term conditions in the older adult population can be challenging and complex. After examining the literature and exploring some common issues, this article uses a reflective case study to demonstrate key findings in the management of hypertension and diabetes in an older adult that can be used to support effective interventions and positive outcomes.
Nursing Standard. 24, 32, 35-39. doi: 10.7748/ns2010.04.24.32.35.c7712Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now