Tissue viability: understanding the mechanisms of injury and repair
Sharon L Edwards Senior lecturer, Department of Pre-registration Nursing, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire
This article provides an overview of the pathophysiological processes that relate to tissue viability. Processes such as cellular damage, oedema and the inflammatory response are also discussed. Nursing management and the role of tissue viability nurses are briefly examined.
Nursing Standard. 21, 13, 48-56. doi: 10.7748/ns2006.12.21.13.48.c6390Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now