The principles and practice of child protection
Sharon Stower Senior Nurse Manager for Children’s Services, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Nurses working with children might find themselves exposed to issues of child abuse. Sharon Stower discusses how to recognise child abuse, the legislation that exists to protect children and the action available to healthcare staff in cases where abuse of a child is suspected.
14, 17, 48-55.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now