Mental and physical health taught equally
Lauren Antinoro Lecturer practitioner, University of Exeter Academy of Nursing and ‘guardian’ for the ‘no health without mental health’ pillar
David Richards Professor, Mental health services research, University of Exeter Academy of Nursing
University of Exeter’s new programme represents a significant shift in nurse education – and many will say, not before time
Mental health issues present in every clinical environment, yet most students on adult nursing courses only spend a small amount of time learning about mental health in the classroom and on a relevant clinical placement.
35, 1, 41-42.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now