Every day is different in this fast-paced, challenging role
Anna Magdalena Miell Staff nurse, Emergency department at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
A dual-registration newly qualified nurse reflects on what she has learned in her first year working in the emergency department
I had always wanted to work in emergency care due to the variety of patients and scope for professional development.
35, 1, 39-40.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now