A rich and complex learning environment
Emma Firth Primary care clinical team lead, HMP New Hall in West Yorkshire
Prison nursing is a hugely varied clinical setting where students can develop their communication, decision-making and coping skills
When I tell people I work in a prison, they often assume I face daily threats and intimidation.
36, 7, 44-44.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now