Starting out - A request to cremate an amputated limb raised issue of spiritual care
Pennie Rudd Third-Year nursing student, University of Brighton
Student experiences in the real world of nursing
During a community placement in my second year of training, I helped to care for James, a patient with diabetes who was due to have his left leg amputated below the knee following complications related to his condition.
28, 33, 28-28.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now