Simple spirometry measurement
Rachel Booker Independent specialist respiratory nurse and medical writer
This article describes expiratory spirometry manoeuvres. It examines equipment care and maintenance, patient preparation, basic techniques, reproducibility and how to ensure technical acceptability and correct common errors.
Nursing Standard. 22, 32, 35-39. doi: 10.7748/ns2008.04.22.32.35.c6446
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now