Reducing the risk of respiratory disease in overseas travellers
Jacqueline Pye Paediatric nurse specialist, Complete Healthcare International Pte Ltd, Singapore
This article addresses the risk of respiratory illness for those travelling overseas. It considers emerging disease risks, particularly the influenza virus, as well as vaccination and vulnerable populations. Resources to help practitioners provide pre-travel advice in line with best practice in travel health are discussed.
Nursing Standard. 24, 47, 50-56. doi: 10.7748/ns2010.07.24.47.50.c7916Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now