Reducing needlestick and sharps injuries among healthcare workers
Janice Gabriel Nurse director, Central South Coast Cancer Network, NHS South Central Strategic Health Authority, Southampton
Needlestick and sharps injuries carry the risk of infection and are an occupational hazard for all healthcare professionals involved in clinical care. This article provides an overview of the risks associated with needlestick and sharps injuries and highlights prevention and management strategies to protect healthcare professions.
23, 22, 41-44.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now