Promoting a healthy diet for older people in the community
Rebecca Neno Primary care development lead, Thames Valley University; Nightingale Nursing Home, London
Marcus Neno Advanced primary nurse, Nightingale Group Practice, Nightingale Nursing Home, London
The promotion of a healthy diet for older people is integral to optimum health and effective care. The constituents of a healthy diet are examined and the causes and effects of malnutrition explored. This will help nurses to understand and undertake effective nutritional assessment for patients in the community.
Nursing Standard. 20, 29, 59-65. doi: 10.7748/ns2006.03.20.29.59.c4109Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now