Prevention of constipation through risk management
Janice Richmond Nurse Specialist Oncology, Letterkenny General Hospital, Ireland
Constipation is a common problem for patients in community and hospital settings. It can have significant personal costs for individuals, including discomfort, pain, reduced quality of life and other serious physical complications. The author explores the prevention of constipation using a risk assessment approach.
17, 16, 39-46.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now