Prevention and control of viral hepatitis
Robert Pratt Professor of Nursing and Director, Richard Wells Research Centre, Thames Valley University, London
Viral hepatitis is a common disease caused by various hepatotropic viruses. An awareness of the characteristics and transmission patterns of these viruses will help nurses to understand the diverse clinical outcomes of infection and develop effective patient education and infection prevention and control strategies.
Nursing Standard. 17, 33, 43-52. doi: 10.7748/ns2003.04.17.33.43.c3385Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now