Prepare for flu season
Matt Griffiths Visiting professor of prescribing and medicines management, Birmingham City University
Why should nurses have the influenza vaccination?
Although most well people of working age will only experience mild symptoms if they contract flu, for some groups it can pose a serious risk to health. Those at particular risk of severe illness include the very young, pregnant women, older people, immunosuppressed patients and those with underlying disease, such as asthma, diabetes and cardiac conditions.
32, 9, 28-28.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now