Post-traumatic stress disorder
Paul Rogers Clinical Nurse Specialist, Bridgend and District NHS Trust
Mid Glamorgan Clinical Nurse Specialist, Behavioural Psychotherapy, Traumatic Stress Clinic, Maudsley Hospital, Bethlam & Maudsley NHS Trust
Sheena Liness Clinical Nurse Specialist, Behavioural Psychotherapy, Traumatic Stress Clinic, Maudsley Hospital, Bethlam & Maudsley NHS Trust
Post traumatic stress disorder affects up to 1 per cent of the population, yet there are few specially trained nurses who are able to offer appropriate care and treatment. This article explores this condition, its treatment and the need for more suitably qualified nurses to fill this gap.
14, 22, 47-52.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now