NHS uses nurses as scapegoats
Nursing Standard asked how the NHS should deal with a rise in complaints about nurses (readers’ panel, 4 October). I suggest it should increase public awareness of what the nurse’s role actually is and improve the profession’s public image rather than belittling nurses, insulting them in the press and using them as scapegoats.
Nursing Standard. 32, 8, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.8.30.s29
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now